Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Beginning

My first group of letters have gone out asking people to join my support team. I am doing them in groups of 25ish so I can keep up with contacting people after. If you haven't heard from me soon and are interested in hearing more about the trip and/or how you can join my support team please send me an e-mail or start following me here.


Preparing the letters was kind of exciting. I know the first real step was acknowledging that I felt led to go but this feels like the first big step towards going. I was e-mailed photos from past trips to include in my letter. I've been trying to imagine what it will be like. These photos helped me not only get an idea of what will be doing. They were also a great reminder of the individual lives we will get to touch for God while we are working at the English and character camps.


I am including some details on the side about my the dates I need to reach certain support levels by. Very soon I will also just keep an update on where I am with my support at the bottom of my blog and on the right hand side of the screen. These changes, along with a change in the font, were based on some suggestions from my first few phone calls. If there is other information you would really like to see on here let me know and I will see what I can do. 


Praises
  • My support team letter is finished, well at least this round is. It has been a while since I wrote one and I needed a lot of help but it feels good to know it is ready. I am sure it will get tweaked before each round of letters but it is good to have a base.
  • My passport renewal application has reached Philadelphia and my check was cashed so I am expecting my new passport soon. Complete with my new no smiling picture. I hope other countries have the same requirement so we aren't the only ones that look so angry!
Prayers
  • The list from my previous blog is still very much on my mind: my passport, support, time management, and finding resources to help me learn more about China (I am planning on asking my EL director tomorrow about feedback on resources).
  • With my first group of letters going out pray God helps guide those I sent letters to already if they should join my support team. 
In Christ, 
Melissa



No comments:

Post a Comment