Sunday, March 4, 2012

Blessings

When this journey started the idea of raising $3,300 was completely overwhelming. My uncle and cousins were all encouraging about this and they told me to just trust God and take a leap of faith. This leap has been an amazing journey already. My first post was over a month ago and I have been amazed how much God has provided in that time.

I have 2/3 of my support letters out now. I have contacted a good amount of these people in person or through e-mails or phone calls. Many of them have joined my team, some have already sent financial support, and others have promised future support. The church I attend, Syracuse Church of God, also joined my support team and is excited to find other ways they can help. This brings my support level up to $1670. This not only meets my March 11th support goal but also the April 22nd. I feel so blessed to already have over half of the support in and to have a great start to such a strong support team.

As I have shared with others about China I have been given the names of other people that have lived there or work with teaching Chinese ESL students in the states. I am hoping to talk to some of these people in the coming weeks to get some advice.

Praises
  • My church's support and desire to help in any way they can.
  • My support level is at 50%  
  • I have already felt an incredible amount of support from my support team. Keep praying!
  • The people and resources that my support team are already directing me to.
Prayer Requests
  • That my support team will continue to grow. 
  • Gas prices- as these prices go up our airline prices and transportation costs while we are there will also rise.  
Thanks for your prayers and support!
Melissa


  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZMCkpv-KC0&feature=related


No comments:

Post a Comment