Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Mountain of Boxes

Sometimes I have wonderful plans that I don't quite think all the way through. An example: my mountain of boxes. My mother let me have some old text books and other random items, including my 2 of my old lunch boxes (to protect the innocent, me, I won't tell you what's on those boxes) to sell on Ebay. All of the profit I make is going towards China. I also have some random books and old computer stuff that I am going to sell. In my mind this was going to be a quick task and very easy. I didn't account for the fact that I need to photograph, describe, weigh and pack each item. After realizing this wasn't going to get done if I had to go to Warsaw I decided to bring things home. I thought then it would be much faster and I created my mini mountain. I'm about halfway through the mountain of boxes. It may not look too big but many boxes have around 5 books in them. Hayes has had great fun playing in the packing supplies and trying to sneak into shots of items. I am hoping to have everything ready to be put online this weekend. Though I may not actually put them up till after spring break. I have had a great amount of experience buying from Ebay but this will be my first time selling so I hope it goes well! 

Support is coming along great! My dad's childhood church, Ebenezer, joined my support team and several other amazing friends have as well. My support level is now at 71% or $2350. This puts me very close to the May check-in level. It feels so great to say that I am less than $1,000 away from my needed support level. God has been so faithful and amazing through out this whole experience. I can't believe how fast it is approaching. In less than 4 months I will be in Beijing teaching English to help Glorify God! 

Praises
  • My support level is at 71%  
  • The way God is providing an amazing support team and guiding me to the people He wants on it
  • The beautiful weather (I know it isn't about China but it is so much easier to be motivated to get things done when it is so beautiful out!)
Prayer Requests
  • That my support team will continue to grow and the last $1,000 will come in 
  • Endurance as I finish up the school year and also begin to prepare for China
  • That God will help not only me but our whole team be prepared for this amazing opportunity
  • That I will conquer my Ebay box mountain and they will sell. 
  • My Uncle Mike is headed to China tomorrow to lay the ground work for our trip.
Thanks for your prayers and support!
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment